BLUECHIP KENTUCKY BLUEGRASS
• Excellent winter color retention and early spring greenup
• Produces a dense, luxurious turf
• University test trials suggest a strong adaptation to high or low maintenance
• Excellent spring and summer disease resistance
• SUPERIOR TURF QUALITY:
BlueChip scored a 7.6 average over five growing seasons at Post Falls, ID and was selected from among hundreds of top experimental prospects in Maryland.
• CLOSE-CUT TOLERANCE:
BlueChip is moderately tolerant of close mowing. Clipping heights should be maintained between _ and 2 inches.
• TOP WINTER AND SPRINGTIME PERFORMANCE:
BlueChip rated 8.0 in winter color and 8.0 in spring greenup. BlueChip exhibits early spring green-up with great fall color retention to provide year long playability and recuperative ability.
BlueChip is moderately aggressive, but it is not as thatch-prone as earlier aggressive bluegrasses.
DISEASE AND INSECT TOLERANCE:
• Leaf Spot - Good resistance
• Stem Rust - Very good resistance
• Brown Patch - Good resistance
• Snow Mold - Moderate resistance
BlueChip was developed by Medalist America over a period of six years. BlueChip was tested as experimental number 92-1991.